Last Updated: November 1, 2019
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for an event, submit content, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, contact information (such as email address, postal address, and phone number), credit card and other payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
In addition, federal and state regulations may require us to collect certain personal information from donors including your name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals who make donations to the Organization.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Website, we automatically collect information about you, may include:
· Log and Usage Information: We may collect information related to your access to and use of the Website, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
· Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
· Transactional Information: If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product detains, and date and location of the transaction.
· Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device, such as from your IP address.
· Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Website and your experience, see which areas and features of our Website are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Website or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and the Organization’s effectiveness. See below for more information about cookies and how to disable them.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We and our service providers may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you on our Website. For example, we may collect voter file data from state parties and other organizations, from public databases, and from private organizations.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
· Provide, maintain and improve our Website;
· Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
· Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and provide technical support;
· Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests; request feedback or support, and otherwise contact you about your participation with the Organization and/or its activities and the use of the Websites;
· Communicate with you about the Organization and/or its activities, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Privacy Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
· To solicit volunteers, donations and support for the Organization and/or its activities and for organizations that we support and to connect you with other volunteers;
· Contact you if federal or state laws require us to request additional information from you;
· Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location and our events near you;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website;
· Personalize the Website and provide advertisements, content or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
· Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
· Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of the Organization and others; and
· Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
· With vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
· With organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
· To report information as required by federal or state laws;
· In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
· If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our Terms of Service and Use or other user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of the Organization, its employees, volunteers, constituents, or others;
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the Organization;
· With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES (SOCIAL MEDIA)
The Website may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Website with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy settings on the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. You can also change your browser settings to block cookies, although doing so may disable some features of our Website.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S.
End Pay-To-Play PAC is based in the United States, and is directed to U.S. residents, and we process and store information in the U.S. If you are located outside the U.S., we and our service providers may transfer your information, or store or access to your information in, to jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
You may update and correct certain information you provide to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. You can also review your choices regarding behavioral advertising cookies at www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Website.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from the Organization by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
TERMS OF SERVICE AND USE
Last Updated: November 1, 2019
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
These Terms of Service and Use (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of the websites, mobile sites and other online offerings (collectively, the “Website”) provided by Engage Texas (the “Organization,” “we,” or “us”) that link to these Terms. By accessing or by using our Website, you agree to these Terms, and any terms incorporated by reference. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use our Website.
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will provide you with notice of such changes, such as by sending an email, providing a notice through our Website or updating the date at the top of these Terms. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of our Website after we provide such notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using our Website.
If you have any questions about these Terms or our Website, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about how we collect, use, share and otherwise process information about you, please see above.
2. Consent to Use of Data and Mobile Communication; SMS Program Terms
You consent to our communicating with you about the Website, the Organization and/or its activities by SMS, text message, email or other electronic means. Your carrier’s normal, messaging, data and other rates and fees will apply to these communications.
If you subscribe to any text programs that the Organization makes available, the following terms apply:
By subscribing to The Organization’s updates or alerts, you consent to receive periodic updates or alerts by automatic text message. Text STOP to stop. For Help, text HELP or contact us at email@example.com. Message and data rates may apply. See the terms above. Neither the Organization nor the participating carriers guarantee that messages will be delivered. The Organization may discontinue the program at any time without notice.
3. User Content
Our Website may allow you and other users to create, post, store and share content, including messages, comments, stories, text, photos, graphics, videos, music, and other materials (collectively, “User Content”). Except for the license you grant below, you retain all rights in and to your User Content, as between you and the Organization.
You grant the Organization and its independent contractors, service providers, consultants and partner organizations, a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid, and sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display your User Content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed without compensation to you. When you post or otherwise share User Content on or through our Website, you understand that your User Content and any associated information (such as your username or profile photo if applicable) may be visible to others.
You may not create, post, store or share any User Content that violates these Terms or for which you do not have all the rights necessary to grant us the license described above. You represent and warrant that your User Content, and our use of such content as permitted by these Terms, will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity. Although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor User Content, we may delete or remove User Content at any time and for any reason with or without notice.
4. Prohibited Conduct and Content
You will not violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property right or other third-party right or commit a tort in connection with any User Content you post to the Website, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while using our Website. You will not:
· Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct;
· Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from that user and the Organization;
· Impersonate or post on behalf or any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
· Sell, resell or commercially use our Website;
· Copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display all or portions of our Website, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors;
· Modify our Website, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative works based upon our Website;
· Use our Website other than for their intended purpose and in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Website or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our Website in any manner;
· Reverse engineer any aspect of our Website or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Website;
· Use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from our Website;
· Develop or use any applications that interact with our Website without our prior written consent;
· Send, distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk commercial electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
· Bypass or ignore instructions contained in our robots.txt file or similar files; or
· Use our Website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
You may not post or otherwise share only User Content that is nonconfidential and that you have all necessary rights to disclose. You may not create, post, store or share any User Content that:
· Is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or fraudulent;
· Would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
· May infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
· Contains or depicts any statements, remarks or claims that do not reflect your honest views and experiences;
· Impersonates, or misrepresents your affiliation with, any person or entity;
· Contains any unsolicited promotions, advertising or solicitations;
· Contains any private or personal information of a third party without such third party’s consent;
· Contains any viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or content; or
· In our sole judgment, is objectionable, restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our Website, or may expose the Organization or others to any harm or liability of any type.
Enforcement of this Section 4 is solely at the Organization’s discretion, and failure to enforce this section in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce it in other instances. In addition, this Section 4 does not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Website is free of content that is prohibited by such rules.
5. Ownership; Limited License
The Website, including the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations and other content contained therein, are owned by the Organization or our licensors and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, all rights in and to the Website are reserved by us or our licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Website for your own personal, noncommercial use. Any use of the Website other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited, will terminate the license granted herein and violate our intellectual property rights.
Engage Texas and our logos, our product or service names, our slogans and the look and feel of the Website are trademarks of the Organization and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and The Organization’s names or logos mentioned on the Website are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by us.
You may voluntarily post, submit or otherwise communicate to us any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information about the Organization or our Website (collectively, “Feedback”). You understand that we may use such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, including, without limitation, to develop, copy, publish, or improve the Feedback in the Organization’s sole discretion. You understand that the Organization may treat Feedback as nonconfidential.
8. Repeat Infringer Policy; Copyright Complaints
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, the access or accounts of users who repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that anything on our Website infringes any copyright that you own or control, you may notify the Organization’s designated agent as follows:
Designated Agent: Copyright Agent
Address: PO Box 341016, Austin, TX 78734
Telephone Number: 512-354-1787
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for the requirements of a proper notification. Also, please note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our Website is infringing, you may be liable to the Organization for certain costs and damages.
9. Third-Party Content, Products, and Websites.
We may provide information about third-party organizations, events, products, services, or activities, or we may allow third parties to make their content and information available on or through the Website (collectively, “Third-Party Content”). We provide Third-Party Content as a service to those interested in such content. Your dealings or correspondence with third parties and your use of or interaction with any Third-Party Content are solely between you and the third party. The Organization does not control or endorse, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, any Third-Party Content, and your access to and use of such Third-Party Content is at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Organization and its independent contractors, service providers, and consultants, successor organizations, and partner organizations, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, partners and employees (individually and collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any losses, liabilities, claims, demands, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims”) arising out of or related to (a) your User Content or Feedback; (b) your violation of these Terms; (c) your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); or (d) your misconduct in connection with the Website. You agree to promptly notify Indemnified Parties of any third-party Claims, cooperate with Indemnified Parties in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees. You also agree that the Indemnified Parties will have control of the defense or settlement, at the Indemnified Party’s sole option, of any third-party Claims.
Your use of our Website is at your sole risk. Except as otherwise provided in a writing by us, our Website and any content therein are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, the Organization does not represent or warrant that our Website are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. While the Organization attempts to make your use of our Website safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Website or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Website.
12. Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, The Organization and its contractors, service providers, consultants, successor organizations, and partner organizations, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees (collectively the “Parties to the Organization”), will not be liable to you under any theory of liability—whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, warranty, or otherwise—for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive or special damages or lost profits, even if such parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The total liability of the Organization and Parties to the Organization for any claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or our Website, regardless of the form of the action, is limited to the greater of $5.
13. Governing Law and Venue
Any dispute arising from these Terms and your use of the Website will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Texas, except to the extent preempted by U.S. federal law, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of Texas or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute between the parties will be resolved in the state or federal courts of Texas and the United States, respectively, sitting in Travis County, Texas.
14. Modifying and Terminating our Website
We reserve the right to modify our Website or to suspend or stop providing all or portions of our Website at any time. You also have the right to stop using our Website at any time. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Website.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The failure of the Organization to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity. You agree that communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically.